Monday, February 12, 2007

And the fun never ends

A new week begins.

Was an ok weekend. Sid went to the Vet on Saturday. He's not overweight like we thought he might be, he's dead on. He's a 130 pount oaf. Check him out here. He's a good boy though. Among other things, he had to have blood taken for a test, and when the vet crouched down and began to put his hand out to grab Sid's leg, Sid picked up his paw and handed it to him. It was pretty cool. Even the Vet got a kick out of it.

Sunday was a bit of a cleaning day. Put away laundry, gather dirty laundry and bring it to the basement, clean up trash, that kind of thing. Just general housekeeping. Thrilling, I know ;) We also did a bit of shopping Sunday, but that was also boring. Isn't this fun, we get to talk about all the boring stuff I do ;)

Today, I woke to a couple inches of snow. Had to quick get out and clear the sidewalks. Technically, we have 24 hours to clear the snow after a snowfall and it was still falling when I was clearning, but with two schools within sight of our house and a very busy crossing guard right out front, it's important to me to keep the sidewalks as clean as I can when kids are getting dropped off. The snowblower makes the job easier of course :)

Work was work, lots of driving so I got to finish Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets today. Finished it out on a quick run to Janesville with the family. Kellen was dissapointed when it was over. The copy I'm listening to is on tape so more difficult to listen to in the house. We've reserved the CD copies from the Library and will get him listening to those as we are able. I'm thinking we'll have to make sure we have a book available for the next long car trip, it should make things go quite nicely.

And that's enough for now. :) More snow predicted tonite, so I need to be ready to clear tomorrow again.

No comments: